Faceted search and wil card search not working well together!

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Hello,

I am using the component faceted search for displaying search facets along with this wild card search webpart.

Facets are appearing on my search results page but i cant filter the records by these facets.

Basically these two webparts are unable to work together. Do you have a solution or a work around for this problem?

Thanks,

kranthi

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Afternoon,

I too have installed "MOSS Faceted Search" and also "Wild Card Search". With the Wild Card Search installed and activated when a facet is selected the core search webpart returns the following - "Your search cannot be completed because of a service error. Try your search again or contact your administrator for more information."

It would be really great to see these two solutions working together. With the power that facet search brings to SharePoint and the freedom of wildcard search would be fantastic.

Can anyone recommend a fix to get both these solutions working together?

Kind Regards,
James Callaghan

Cambridge, UK

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Good Afternoon,

Im trying to integrate wild card search with Moss Faceted search when I read this discussion do you have any update on this matter. I faceted Search and Wild Card search works perfectly now with now issues.

Regards

Marvin