Paging in Wildcard Search Web Part

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I have successfully implemented the wildcard search web part in my environment but am experiencing a problem with results paging.  If I click the Next button or click on one of the page numbers (in Search Paging web part) I get no results.  Anyone know how to resolve this?

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Verify that when you click on the next page in the results pager that you are still on the same URL as the original query (i.e.: results.aspx and not some other path + results.aspx).  Secondly, make sure that the Cross-Web Part query ID matches in the results paging web part to the Wildcard Search.  If you are doing user submitted queries, this should be set to User query in all web parts on the page.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM

The url is not changing, it just appends the &start1=xx based on the page selected.  The only other change I made is that our query is retrieved from a session object due to the length of the query parameters but I verified using the standard k querystring parameter search that it still was not working for me.  I also reverted back to the original code from Release 4 and still was not able to change pages on the results.  Of interesting note though, if I remove the &start1=xx or change it to &start1=1 the results for the first page do work.  Also, the other web parts (search statistics, paging, etc) all seem to know there are multiple pages of results and show proper information, it is just the Wildcard Search Web Part that isn't working for me.

Examples of the url:

...PeopleResults.aspx?k=&qid=55c39168-1895-4da5-bd07-670c6a047cad&start1=11

...PeopleResults.aspx?k=&qid=55c39168%2D1895%2D4da5%2Dbd07%2D670c6a047cad&start1=11

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I have discovered that the problem was due to something in my XSL for the search results (no problem with the webpart itself).  I have now rebuilt my XSL from scratch and paging is working properly.  Not sure of what was missing/wrong but there was something...