Advanced Wildcard Search WSS?

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Is there anything like this that works with WSS? If not, what are the reasons? Thanks!
Apr 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Add enterprise search server express and then this web part works with WSS, I'm using it! Now if I can figure out how to use RSS to subscribe to results.... I would be happy!!!!
May 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Yes, adding Search Server is probably the best way to get wildcard search on wss with the use of this web part.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Hi, I tried to use Wildcard Search with WSS 3.0 and Search Server 2008 Express. Installtion Steps given in the readme worked fine, howether I cant activate the feature as i can't find it in any Website Feature list on any page. Is there a solution? Thanks!

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I have the same problem as kpriemer. I can't find the webpart...

Any hint would be appreciated.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Okay, did some research and finally got it. What I did:

1. You have to activate the Feature by using stsadm, you do not find it on any page. Command should be like stsadm -o activatefeature -name WildcardSearch -url [Your Site URL]
  2. Go to your Homepage, Website Settings, Webparts (Webpartcatalog), Klick "New", check the overwrite option and (in my case first entry in the list) the <label for="cb0">"DotNetMafia.Office.Server.Search.WildcardSearch.WildcardSearchCoreResultsWebPart" and click the buttom on the top of the page (Something like "Fill up Catalog", my Installation is in german and I do not have the english Text for the button present)</label>
  3. <label for="cb0">Go to your Searchresult page as described, you'll find two Webparts for Wildchard Search. In my case the webpart without "DotNetMafia.com" in Brackets is working, the other one throws a .NET Error as described in a different Post here.</label>

<label for="cb0">Search works fine and finally also when using a "*" ... Thanks for the developing this solution as ist is a small but great thing.</label>

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM

thx kpriemer,

that's the info I needed

greetings

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hello, kpriemer

Please help me to find how "go to your Searchresult page as described".

Thank you for advance.

Mihail

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I have WSS 3.0 Search Server 2008 Express both wss sp2 and office server sp2 applied

I run stsadm admin syntax and I get

Failed to find the XML file at location 12\Template\Features\WildcardSearch\feature.xml

I checked the xml is not there

you seem to be saying it is there just activate

my second installation and no 12\Template\Features\WildcardSearch\feature.xml file found

get I get the xml another way? 

did you do this on a WSS 3.0 Search Server 2008 Express both wss sp2 and office server sp2 site?