cannot import this web part

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Hello guys,

I have tried to activate wildcard search (WSS3 and Search Server 2008), but still no luck. When I try to add this web part to my express search web part I get error message: "Unable to add selected web part. Wildcard Search Core Results Web Part (DotNetMafia.com): Cannot import this Web Part.

I have tried to understand and follow this:

2.# Go to your Homepage, Website Settings, Webparts (Webpartcatalog), Klick "New", check the overwrite option and (in my case first entry in the list) the <label for="cb0">"DotNetMafia.Office.Server.Search.WildcardSearch.WildcardSearchCoreResultsWebPart" and click the buttom on the top of the page (Something like "Fill up Catalog", my Installation is in german and I do not have the english Text for the button present)</label>

3.# <label for="cb0">Go to your Searchresult page as described, you'll find two Webparts for Wildchard Search. In my case the webpart without "DotNetMafia.com" in Brackets is working, the other one throws a .NET Error as described in a different Post here.</label>

but I can´t find place where to get Website Settings, Webparts (Webpartcatalog)/New. Or in this case there can be another solution? I can also that I am both site collection and site owner.

any help will be appreciated, Thank You
Jul 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM

So do you see the web part listed in the web part gallery?  If you click on it, do you get an error?  Also do you have at least .NET Framework 3.5 installed?  Otherwise, go to Central Admin and check your solutions.  Verify that the DotNetMafia solution package installed successfully.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Make sure that your DLL references match up exactly as they are in the webpart and in webconfig...including the version no without any stars *